Monday, January 31, 2011

My Learner Profile

In class I found out my learner profile, I am a Logic thinker with an A learner profile.

I think I learn best when I’m alone with no background noise at all. I learn best when there is not so much pressure because I think I have all the time I need to finish my work. When I am under pressure the ideas don’t come as fast and I rush the work without double-checking it. I need to be given precise instructions in order for me to pass or do well on the assignment. I always tend to not be sure what to do because the instructions were too simple in my perspective, so I always tend to ask. When I am assigned a project I always try to focus on the due date, if it is after two weeks I will usually do it on the second week and not the first. Strategies that help me learn better is an enjoyable teacher and one who likes to joke around other than having me sitting down on the same chair for a whole class period.

I want the teachers to know that I enjoy sitting in the middle or the front of class. I focus better without my friends. However if I am assigned to sit next to my friend I will try and work harder because the way I can make the teacher have me sit next to my friend more often. I often like to joke in class because I think one joke can make a class a lot more enjoyable. I also want teacher to know that I have to move every once in a while in class because it gets me more focused and livelier. When I sit in one chair for a while I will usually change my posture and start getting tired. If I seem to hand in a project in a different style its because of the different learning style, I’ve only been to one school before ISKL but the learning style is completely different, it could be because ISKL teaches with and American system and my old school would teach in a British system.

No comments: